carl pei: Nothing smartphone to reportedly launch in April this year


OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei started his new consumer technology startup called ‘Nothing’ last year. The company also launched its first product — the Nothing ear (1) TWS in August last year. Now, it seems that the company is all set to expand to other product categories. Some earlier rumours suggest that Nothing is working on a smartphone that will launch this year. A new online report now reveals that the company may launch its first smartphone in April this year.
According to an online report by TechCrunch, Nothing is said to launch its first smartphone in April 2022. Details about the smartphone are scarce right now. However, the report suggests that the smartphone will come with a similar design language as the TWS. This means the device is said to come with the same ‘elements of transparency’ design as the true wireless earbuds.
The report further adds that the company has been working on the smartphone for over a year and it also showcased a prototype to the executives of various companies including Qualcomm at MWC 2022.
Last month, the co-founder of the company Carl Pei also shared a tweet hinting towards a smartphone launch. Also in February last year, the company acquired the smartphone brand Essential. 9to5Google found fillings with the UK’s Intellectual Property Office. The documents disclosed that the former Essential CEO Andy Rubin has transferred ownership of Essential’s brand assets to Carl Pei’s Nothing Technologies Limited.
Apart from this, the company also entered into a partnership with Qualcomm last year. Nothing also confirmed that its future tech products will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon.

See also  realme: Realme 9 5G and Realme 9 SE 5G to launch in India on March 10



its-a-living