WhatsApp has started rolling out a new voice message feature for Apple iPhone users with the latest update. Last month, the Facebook-owned platform began testing a new feature for iOS users that lets them listen to a voice message even after a chat has been received. With the latest update, the company has released a new voice message player. Now, iPhone users can listen to any voice message while scrolling on WhatsApp or chatting with another user.
Before the update, a voice message stops if you leave a particular chat and return to the chat list or open another chat. As of now, this feature is only available for iOS users and it is still in development for Android users. If you want to try the new voice message player on WhatsApp, then you can follow these steps. Before trying, make sure you have version 22.4.75 of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
How to use it
- First of all open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now tap on the individual and group chat in which the message has come.
- Now tap on play icon to hear voice message.
- Once the voice message starts playing, exit the chat.
- You will now see a new audio player at the top of the screen.
- You can pause or play the message through the button on the player. You can tap on the cancel button to remove the player.