You and all of us must have seen cartoons in our childhood in which the characters were shown in many non-real-world ways but presented in a way that was fun to watch. Even in today’s age, we see many cartoon-like and interesting things. It is important for us to tell all this because today’s article was written about animation and there is this question from you, Do you know what animation is?
Today, almost everyone is connected with technology and everyone should be using devices such as smartphones, laptops and computers. In such a situation, it is natural that many of you have heard about Animation. People who are particularly interested in tasks such as video editing need to know about animation. But meanwhile, there are many people who do not know what Animation is.
If you are one of those who do not know what this animation is and how many types there are, then you will have complete knowledge about animation thanks to today’s article. Also, how is animation done? How to learn animation? This will also be explained to you through this blog post. You will stay with us until the end to learn about animation. So let us know what Animation is and how many types of Animations there are.
What is Animation?
Animation is a computer technology that cannot actually speak, move, or move, and uses images, characters, and objects that are shown while talking and moving. These images, characters, and objects are shown to move in motion and energy. Animation using photos uses different types of response displayed on the screen at such a rate that viewers can actually feel the images moving.
The images used in the animation are similar in appearance, there is only a slight difference between them. Design, Drawing, Pictures, Layout and Bright Color are used in animation to make these images, characters and objects look funny and cartoon-like. Animation was used in cartoons and movies such as Toy Story, Doraemon, Avatar and is still used today. Things made from animation are loved by both children and adults.
While animation was used only in cartoons before, technology has developed so much that it is used in animated series, movies, social media, business world, news, games, etc. Animation not only makes people happy, it also helps people explain a product or service in a simple way. While the pictures used in the traditional animation process are made by hand, all the works related to animation are done with computer software today.
How many types of animation are there?
There are also different types of animation. If you don’t know how many types of animations there are, we have explained the main types of animation as follows.
1. Traditional Animation
Traditional animation is also called cell animation. This animation is known as traditional animation because this technique is very old because all the images used for animation underneath were made by hand and then copied onto a thin transparent sheet like a cell. If you want to see an example of this, you can take a look at old Disney cartoons.
2. Stop Motion
Similar to traditional animation, it is pause animation in which an object or scene is captured by the photograph. The process uses physical objects and scenes rather than creating the photos themselves. This whole process is similar to Flipbook.
3. Animated Graphics
It is used in television commercials, animated logos and explainer videos. Sound is also used along with animation. In motion graphics animation, a picture of an object or person is taken and slightly shaken, and the rest is completed in this way. Finally, when all pictures are serialized and played at high speed, the picture seems to move.
4. Computer Animation
Computer animation includes many different types of animation, such as 2D, 3D, and VFX. All are operated with modern techniques that do not require hand-drawn characters and objects. If you do not even know about them, then we have explained about them below.
- 2D Animation :- The full form of 2D is Two Dimensions. Powerpoint and Flash Animation are used under 2D animation. 2D is very popular nowadays and this is because users don’t need drawing skills as it uses computer scanned photos. Adobe Flash is a very popular software used to create 2D animations.
- 3D Animation :- The full form of 3D is Three Dimensional, which is mainly used in movies. Thanks to 3D animation, objects and scenes are displayed in a way that cannot be shown in reality. Also, with its help, objects and scenes are given a realistic look.
- visual effects :- Visual Effects is the full form of VFX, a technique widely used in filmmaking. VFX creates a different environment than Live Shoot. VFX is used to make the atmosphere surreal, spooky, incredible and interesting. It is also used in website, design, business areas. In general, VFX creates an imaginary world and things.
Who is the animator?
An animator is called an animator. An animator’s job is to display regular photos as a series, where they can then create animations or zip files using the animator’s animation tools. An animator’s job is very creative and must have visualization skills to turn even a normal picture into a better animation.
how to learn animation; How to become an Animator?
There are two main ways to learn animation or become an animator. The first is that you can do a diploma course, and the second is that you can do a diploma course. In order to take both courses, you must pass at least the 10th and 12th grades with a score of 45% and above, so that you can enter both courses. Both of these courses are offered by government and private institutes.
- Diploma Course: – Diploma courses last one year and are mostly run by private institutes. Since the duration of this course is only one year, basic information about animation is explained under the diploma.
- Level Course :- The degree course is usually done by a good public college or institute, here the basic and advanced things about animation are explained in detail because the duration of this course is 3 years, so one should have knowledge about animation. It is a good opportunity to learn.
- Short Term Course: – Now many private institutes are on the market where you can take an animation course to improve your animation skills, which is usually between 3 and 6 months. These courses teach Visual Effects, Digital Composting, Specialization, Video Editing and more.
Animation is a subject where so much is taught that the expenditures on it are also very high. If you want to learn animation well, the cost of animation course in general ranges from 1 to 1.5 lakh and if you are taking a course from a major institute it can come even more.
Which institutions offer animation courses?
Although there are many institutes in India that provide opportunities to offer many courses in animation, we have mentioned some animation course institutes here.
- Arena Multimedia (Delhi)
- Arena Multimedia (Bangalor)
- Arena Multimedia (Mumbai)
- Arena Multimedia (Noida)
- Global School of Animation (New Delhi)
- Global School of Animation (Chennai)
- Maya Advanced Cinematic Academy (Mumbai)
- Industrial Design Center (IIT Mumbai)
- Birla Institute of Technology (Noida)
What jobs are available in the animation field?
- Coat of Arms Artist
- texture artist
- game designer
- 3D/2D Animator
- Render Artist
- Image Editor
- Lightning Artist
- Keyframe Animator
- Digital Ink and Paint Artist
- Special Effects Artist
- character animator
What are computer software for making animations?
As we said before, there was no computer software to make animations, but currently, many animation software have been released with which animations can be made. Here we talked about some software.
- Moho Pro
- CelAction 2D
- to breed
- Autodesk Maya
- Cartoon Animator 4
- Adobe Character Animation
- Clip Studio Paint
- Adobe Animation
- Synfig Studio
- Open3 Toonz
- Pencil2D Animation
Here are some paid and free computer software used for animation.
What are animation making applications?
- Animation Maker Hd Free
- StopMotion Recorder
- Animation Studio, Sean Brakefield
- See The Animator
- StickDraw – Animation Maker
- Animation Studio by miSoft
- iStopMotion 3
- Plastic Animation Studio
- FlipaClip – Cartoon animation
- Animation Desk – Sketch & Draw
How much money does the animator make?
If you become a good animator then there are many opportunities for you. Many people often ask the same question, how much money does an animator make? In response, we would like to say that an animator can earn between 20k and 25k per month depending on their initial basic skills. An animator works in a big company, movie, news channel, etc. An animator can make a lot of money if he gets a chance to work.
What are the skills required to be an animator?
To be an animator, there are many skills that a person must possess. We have given information about them here.
- Observation Skills
- creative mind
- Drawing / Sketching skills
- communication abilities
- Full Computer and Animation Software Knowledge
Our questions and answers about animation
1. Explain what animation is.
Animation is a process in which objects and scenes that cannot actually speak or move are shown as they speak and move.
1. How many types of animation are there?
There are many types of animation such as Traditional Animation, Motion Animation, Graphic Motion Animation, and Computer Animation.
3. How to learn animation?
In order to learn animation, you can learn animation by getting a score of more than 45% from the 10th and 12th grades, and then by taking courses such as degrees and diplomas.
4. What is used to make beautiful animations?
Many commercially available computer software are used to create beautiful animations.
After reading this article, you must have learned very well what Animation is and how many types of Animations there are. In this article, we have answered many questions such as what is animation while giving information about animation. What are the types of animation? What are animation software and mobile applications?
In addition, what is an animator and how to learn animation is also explained to you in this article. We hope you enjoyed this entire article. If you liked this article, definitely share this article with others. Finally, if you have any questions about this article, you can ask us by commenting.